Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hope In Progress


Here is today's image:


And today's other image:


And a third for good measure:


Something is hidden in all three, something I can't quite put my finger on, something distinct or silly or wonderful or frightening.

That flying ship at the top... it's not, it's a guy, with a face and fully articulated limbs.  I mistook it for a plane.

The thing in the middle - well, two things - are not the monsters they appear to be.  Nope, at the top is a flying creature and underneath is a water creature, they are both good... yeah, I'm not sure.  I just found it on the floor and I really liked it.

The bottom image is two toddlers looking out into the world, the world to come, their future.

Hope.  That's it, that's what they all have in common.

Yeah...


From Marci's  "... things you don't expect to hear from the backseat ..."
 

N: "He has a very sensible nose."
 

M: "A sensitive nose?"
 

N: "Yes, that's what I said."

My nose is both...


1 comment:

  1. You know what I love so much about what you reveal to us here: your kids are always creating and dreaming. The third picture made me smile out loud, because I remember so many rainy and snowy days as a kid peering out our front window, wondering. Nick and Zack have a leg up on me though: they're portrait artists and sculptors of the highest order.

    ReplyDelete