Friday, April 13, 2012

Twindifference


For some reason Marci and I find the differences between our boys fascinating.  Case in point, same assignment, way different results.



















Yeah, even I laughed just now when I saw them side by side.  This has been going on for years.  In the post Twin's Towers, I showed how different their building styles were and I think in "...about baseball and boys, poetry and dreams..." you can also see their divergent drawing styles.

I guess the conclusion here is that nature trumps nurture, but, there is something else here as well, something important.  I have to remember to treat them differently, respect the individuals they are and know (truly know, not just say I know) what makes them so.

You know what's funny, from the above you would think that N was the scatterbrained one and Z the precise one, actually, not so much.  Truth be told, Z can be a real air-head at times, in fact, we call him "the professor" sometimes, and N's thoughts are usually very precise and on the mark.  I guess you just never know.

From Marci's '...things you don't expect to hear from the backseat...'

N:  "I know where scorpions come from."
Z:  "Where?"
N:  "Indianapolis."

Believe me, around here, misinformation abounds...


(Postscript)
I have never added or changed a post (except for grammatical errors and the like)  but Marci thought of another good example of the boys differences.  We used this as a Christmas card one year:




So there you have, two boys... two individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment