Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"2 Electrik Boxes"

"Dad, Dad, Dad, Daddy, Daddy, Dad, Daddy, Daddy! Today at school A (I refuse to implicate any other kids in my kid's shenanigans) and I decided to make a play and either he'll come over here or we can go there, I think he lives in the neighborhood behind us, or the other one, and we are going to PUT ON A PLAY.  Here are the plans we worked on today at inside recess, because it was too cold and rainy...  Do we have any tissue boxes and tape, lots of tape I think?  We need a list of the stuff we need and Z is going to make the guitars and when the end comes there's a crash."

That's pretty much verbatim what N told me between the school bus and the door.  I think he did it in one breath.  And that's all I know.

This is the plan as it came home from school:



Well now, there is a lot to work with here.  Clearly there are five chairs there and I am pretty sure those are the electric boxes there on the bottom.  I don't know why there are only three people in the drawing, perhaps that is the star of the show there in the middle and those sort of less carefully rendered dudes are his posse.  I can only assume that the fourth person needed is the...


...stagemanager.

So, before his coat was even off, before any pretzels or juice, he produced this:



We are going to need the secret child to adult decoder ring for this one:  "3 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, 3 heads (?), 6 hands, (crossed out) 2 tishuoo (sic) box, 3 buttons, 6 eyes, 6 legs, 3 nose, 1 bench, 3 mouths, 6 shoes and (the previously mentioned) 5 chairs."

It seemed obvious to me that three people would already have, six hands and 3 noses, so I pointed this out.

"Dad, it's a puppet show."  Z says condescendingly.

Oh, well, no one mentioned that.

From Marci's '...things you don't expect to hear from the backseat...'

"Oh no!  My emergency teapot keeps falling!  I need to protect my belly!"  (Hence the plastic teapot strapped to him with his backpack straps... and probably the spatulas sticking out of his pantlegs... sometimes it is just best to not ask.)


It was really a great look for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment